Sunday, November 23, 2008

Childhood Friend

Growing up I had a best friend who lived just two streets down from me. In the excitement and impatience that only children possess, we discovered a shortcut that saved us a few extra steps to each others' houses.

I broke my leg at her house when I was five. Her mom curled my hair for picture day once. Our older sisters AND younger brothers were friends.

But then, she moved away. We wrote once or twice to each other but somehow, we lost touch. I've thought about her often. When modeling for my students the idea of writing about something that is special or important to you, I used her as an example.

Who would have guessed though, that our paths would ever cross again?

Through the wonder of technology, our younger brothers' paths crossed. Now I have her e-mail address and am looking forward to her reply.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny, huh? I came across Rudy on my FB account and thought, "nah"... Rudy wouldn't remember me from Adam. But it's funny how things work out like that! R-

Anonymous said...

did she email you back? -z