Sunday, March 23, 2008

www.acomplaintfreeworld.com

Of all the complainers out there, I am slowly becoming one of the best! As a teacher, feeling overwhelmed by the non-stop demands, it is EASY (so-so-so easy) to slip into complaint mode. So, when I woke up this morning to the Sunday Morning Show playing on CBS and heard Bill Geist's voice and something about a complaint-free world, I sat up and paid attention. The segment was ending, so I went on line and this is what I found.

BILL GEIST: Complaint-Free Living
This is a story you definitely can’t complain about. Rev. Will Bowen has created a program to help people stop complaining. It involves wearing a purple rubber bracelet around your wrist. So far, he’s distributed nearly five million of these purple bracelets from the basement of his Kansas City church. It’s all part of his campaign to create a complaint-free world. Bill Geist has no complaints when he visits the church where the 11th commandment might just be “Thou shalt not whine.”

www.acomplaintfreeworld.org
Reverend Bowen is the Minister at Christ Church Unity in Kansas City, Mo.

I think I'll give it a try.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you dont need one of those fancy purple bracelets.. a rubber band will work just fine. :)

GloJoMo said...

That's what I was thinking!

Kurran said...

I'm not doing so well on this these days.

Anonymous said...

I think buying one of these would be different than using a rubber band. I think it has a special energy because it was created as a tool to use as a thought enhancer basically...! Well, I have been thinking a lot about this lately because I have been making posters that have the same concept. So when you are thinking up something like this, you tend to be creating something to help yourself and also to help other people. So in that lies a little extra - and they are not that much more either.

Also, sometimes paying a small fee also tends to make people more dedicated and committed to the self growth.