Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Saying Goodbye



Since I started teaching, this is the first year I have really been sad to say goodbye to my class. I know that sounds awful, and it is not because this group was better someone than the others. I think it really had to do with my mind set this year, how hard I worked to make a connection with each student, and the fact that we didn't switch the students around as much this year as we have in the past.

I didn't cry, though I could have if I let myself. I did give each student their own personal goodbye. One at a time I told them how special they are or what I enjoyed about them, gave them each a big hug, kiss on the forehead, told them, "I'll miss you and I love you," and reminded them all to READ over the summer. Well, all but my Mr. Macho -- he is too cool for all that mushy stuff.

2 comments:

Kurran said...

Um, would that be Antonio?

GloJoMo said...

How'd you guess?