Friday, May 2, 2008

Students' Comments on My Teaching

So, on the front of my "Teacher Report Card" I ask the students/parents to give me a grade in several areas dealing with instruction, organization, and temperament. I asked them to write comments on the back explaining why they gave me those grades. Here are a few:

"Sometimes I wish you will listen better to me."

"Mrs. M forgets a lot."


"Mrs. M dresses great!"


"Mrs. M don't give us a lot of time to work on stuff."


"You know you get nothing but the best grade from me cause you is one teacher I can really say care. Keep up the good work Mrs. M."


"On 'answer questions' I gave you a 'C' because sometimes you say you don't know and say 'Go
to the library and see'."


"Why I gave you a 'C' because you are not always energetic."


"I picked all those grades because you treat everyone equally and gives test fair."


"I gave you five 'A's cause you do come back to our questions, you do accept corrections from students, you do control your emotions, you helped me solve problems when I had a lot of punches from Mr. S and you got a good sense of humor, and you can be trusted."


"[My daughter] speaks very highly of Mrs. M. She likes her a lot and feels that she treats her very well. I've talked to her and she seemed to be a pleasant teacher that is really concerned. Some questions I couldn't answer because I'm not there, but I see a better difference in my child and she's happy."


And my favorite... "I gave you a 'C' on energetic because sommetimes you be lazy." :)

1 comment:

GloJoMo said...

Did you recognize who the "I gave you five A's" was from? Our friend who was getting in trouble every morning and had major attitude but is now doing much better.