Sunday, August 10, 2008

Great Weekend!

In celebration of our 9 year anniversary, Jesus* and I went to Indy for a Los Lobos/Los Lonely Boys concert. It is called the Brotherhood Tour.

We met up with Jav and Jen for dinner (they drove up from Lexington to spend some time with us -- so sweet!) We settled in our room and then had dinner at the Weber Grill. GREAT FOOD AND DRINKS! I highly recommend it. Then they went to a baby shower and we went to our concert.

We were able to be right up near the stage. The only people between us and the stage were the groupies in front of us and the security guys. After Los Lobos played, I got my t-shirt signed by all of them. Jesus got his CD signed by all of them. It was pretty awesome. I think Jesus* will put a video on his blog from the concert. It's not a very good video, but it gives you and idea.

I used my friendship making skills I learned in India and we made two new friends while we were there. :) Caroline (or Carolynn) and Victor. They are also big Lobos fans. They took pics of us at the concert and told us they'd find us on facebook and send us the pics! They also told us that there is an Ozomatli concert (well, actually they're opening for somebody) next Friday. They said if we decide to go, that we should hook up. We haven't decided if we'll go, but it sure is tempting. I've always wanted to see them in concert.

After that, we met up with Jav and Jen again and went out for snacks and drinks. We found a nice Irish Pub. We had a great time. We stopped for a little while at the Slippery Noodle (popular blues club) but it wasn't everyone's thing, so we left soon there after.

This morning, we went and had breakfast at the Red Eye Cafe (we had breakfast there once before with Herminia) and then went to see the Bodies exhibition. Have you heard of this? Where they've taken real bodies and somehow perserved them in almost perfect condition so that you can see everything! The most amazing part was seeing all the blood vessels and arteries that still held the shape of the body, floating in liquid!! I also highly recommend this. I bought the book that has pics and explanation of all of the exhibits and I'm going to share it with my students.

The weather was great the whole weekend. Now we're home and just chillaxin'.

4 comments:

Talia Reed said...

chillaxin? Is that your word? Or am I so lame that I didn't know it was a word.

Anonymous said...

ah, fun without scheduling babysitters-- I remember the days! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Ayurvedic question: is turmeric the equivalent to Advil? I heard it's a natural pain reliever, but I can't take Advil. Maybe ya know, maybe you don't.

Good luck with the withdrawals. Take it nice and easy... it's harder than you thing, emotionally & physically! zanna

GloJoMo said...

chill + relaxing = chillaxin'

I heard Jesus use it first, but then I heard Bernie Mac use it once in an episode of his. (Isn't it sad that he died so suddenly?)

I don't know about turmeric as a pain reliever.

What is harder than I think?

Anonymous said...

Allison and I saw the bodies exhibit in Las Vegas. I thought it was fascinating and only a little bit creepy. The fingernails got to me for some reason. Otherwise, it was really, really interesting.
Linda