Friday, August 8, 2008

Meditation

The other day Jesus* and I saw a woman being walked by her German Shepherd. It was really excited, looking everywhere, and sniffing everything. I immediately thought to myself -- that's my mind when I'm trying to meditate! It is like it runs out in front of me and pulling me this way and that, starts sniffing around. It is very difficult to make it heel.

Still, I love sitting down to meditate. I find I would rather do that than just about anything else I can think of. I was able to get my mind to "heel" the other day. I began feeling frustrated and I finally just shouted (in my mind) STOP! And I was amazed to find that it did. I had to keep saying STOP to keep it from going anywhere, but it worked (for a little while anyway). It was a great feeling.

Also I love bowing (or prostrating -- I'm not sure which is the proper term to use) to the little alter I set up too. It feels good. I can't explain it, but my whole body feels good when I prostrate.

Today I saw my psychiatrist (yes I have a psychiatrist) and he is willing to help me wean myself off my anti-depressants. :) I guess he figured I'd already started doing this without him, he might as well help me do it right. So far I've been feeling great. He thinks in 2 months, if I'm still doing well, I get stop all together!

2 comments:

Charmi said...

Good luck on the meditation!

Kurran said...

Yes, good luck! Good luck, also, with doing the steps in order - especially the "elimination!" LOL

How great if you don't need your meds anymore. WOW!

FABULOUS to see you yestereday, GloMo!!!!!!
hugs and kisses