Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Only 3 weeks into the school year...

And I had a student walk out of class while I was talking to him and another who refuses to work. And these are only 3rd graders. I just keep reminding myself to document everything and remember what I have control over and what I don't.

Keeping up with my schedule is difficult. Waking up at 4:30 every morning is getting harder it seems. Staying calm during the day is getting more and more challenging.

My meditation is definitely suffering. I find it difficult to sit for even 10 minutes and I was up to 20 by the time I left India.

I don't even want to talk about my diet.

All I can do is keep trying. I know I make it sound horrible, but the truth is I wake up at 4:30 more days than I don't, I am eating better than I used to, I am handling stress better, and I'm at least I'm sitting down to meditate.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Why in the world do you have to get up at 4:30?!?!?

And that's why I taught Pre-K :), I can't deal with unruly children. I would be horrified as a parent if my children behaved that way!

Hope that you are adjusting well & not being too hard on yourself!

~Crystal

Talia Reed said...

Maybe it's time for you to teach a better school district. Although I know some teachers are driven to the challenges that the urban school setting has, and all schools have their problems, but perhaps that's the sort of change you need. Or, maybe a middle school setting.

Kurran said...

Oh, no, GloMo. :(

Hang in there! Don't put so much pressure on yourself to get up at 4:30 every day. Remember: in India you only had to focus on YOU. Now you've got other responsibilities.

You are a great person, teacher and friend. Don't forget that, woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss you.
(BTW, love the hair!)