Sunday, August 3, 2008

9 years of Marriage

Jesus* and I will be married 9 years as of August 5, 2008. We were married young and despite the fact that no one approved. We have struggled, both financially and emotionally due to our early marriage, but you won't hear regret in our voices as we talk about our life together.

After spending 7 weeks away from him (the longest separation we've suffered) I appreciate him all the more. How many husbands would happily support their wife on a 7 week long trip halfway around the world? And how many of those husbands would do home improvement projects instead of taking advantage of their "free" time? And how many of those would encourage their wife to shave their head? Not many!

Happy Anniversary Bub! I love you.

*Since I have been writing a lot about religion I don't want any confusion. I will use * to indicate my husband, as opposed to the religious figure.

4 comments:

Busstogate said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I have been popping in semiperiodically to view entires about India and have been gifted with some of the peace you are experiencing as a result of just reading.

Follow your heart on teaching. Hopefuly, that's what got you into that job in the first place.

Great to hear you met Amma and had her Darshan. Can't wait to eat at the Taj, again.

Blessed be,
Tom

GloJoMo said...

Thanks. I'm glad you've been able to "tune in" every-once-in-a-while. I'm still shocked that anyone other than family would even bother to read my blog. So, I'm always happy to hear that someone else has been to visit.

Yes, I did get into teaching because my heart led me there. Good advice.

Talia Reed said...

Congratulations! Joe and I were married 9 years ago last Thursday. And we too (um, rather I) was quite young--and few approved of the idea...but here we are!

Kurran said...

Woo Hoo, GloMo and Jesus! Congrats on your 9 years! You are both such wonderful people!!!
:)