Sunday, June 8, 2008

1

My family from Texas called one-right-after-the-other this evening to wish me well on my trip. It was very coincidental. It's like they were all thinking about me at the same time. Just as I was finishing up one conversation, the next one would beep in.

My dad... always my dad. He can't help himself, I guess. He wants his little girl to be safe, but he goes about it in the wrong way. After giving me some helpful reminders and wishing me a safe trip, he said, "Don't trust anyone! Don't even blink your eyes! You never know what people might do when they're poor and hungry. They might say, 'Hmmmm, look at her, she looks tasty, then chop you up and eat you." I could hear my mom in the background telling him something which I'm sure meant, STOP IT! You're not supposed to scare her!

Now, before you go freaking out and thinking that my dad is a little psychotic, let me explain. My dad likes to speak in analogies. For example, there is this oldies song called "Little Red Riding Hood" which, of course, is about a Big Bad Wolf who wants to get Little RRH. He would always remind me that there are lots of Big Bad Wolves out there and so I had to be on the look out. It was basically the same message. He doesn't really think there are cannibals in India. (Well, at least I hope he doesn't.)

Hmmm, you think I might be a little anxious (and therefore need this trip) because I was constantly reminded "Don't trust anyone"? ;-) I just have to smile. I love him, even though he's a bit of a freak.

I was VERY excited to hear my nephew (in Texas) say, "I love you Aunt Go-Go!" and "Have a nice trip!" Which really sounded like "I luv u gyo-gyo" and "trip"... but it still counts. It means a lot to me because I NEVER get to see him. Then my brother told me that he'll cry and beg for Aunt Go-Go. I guess the videos on our web gallery that I made for him were a big hit (well that is all but the one with the bug masks -- that just freaked him out). Apparently, he'll beg to see Aunt Go-Go again and again. I feel so special!!! Isn't it amazing that the adoration of a small child can make you feel so important?

Speaking of the web gallery, I will probably post all my pictures there as a storage place while I"m in India. I'll probably only post a few of them to my blog. If you're interested, feel free to browse. Right now there are a lot of photos from Mexico (and those goofy videos).

http://gallery.mac.com/losmoya1999

No comments: