Saturday, June 7, 2008

2

The Bon Voyage Dinner at the Taj was very nice. I love it when family, friends, and good food all come together. It is a beautiful thing. I really appreciate everyone who was able to make time to come out tonight. Those who weren't able, I understand. But, you'll have to check out the food there if you haven't already. It's great. I have a picture of the dinner, and I'm trying to figure out how to post it on the blog. I want it embedded in the text. Normally I just highlight a pic from Google Images and then copy and paste. But this is my own image, and so I'm not sure how to do it. I'll figure something out.

I already have an adapter just for my laptop, but I need one for my phone and camera too. So, today I bought another adapter. But get this... apparently you need an adapter for this adapter! Have you ever heard of anything so redundant? I was not a happy camper. But, also I think I just didn't like the salesman who was pushing it on me. I think I probably allowed myself to be bullied into buying it. I just want to have what I need so I don't have to spend my precious India time running around looking for stuff. You know?

And just for fun, Jesus and I each bought a nano ipod. We've each bought cheaper no name brands of mp3 players before, but they've never lasted. And since we've become such big Mac fans, we thought -- why not?

Some people have asked me, "How is Jesus doing? Is he O.K. with you going to India for 6 weeks?" To answer that question, I won't be gone 24 hours before he's out with the guys for drinks. I think he'll be just fine. :)

I just received a confirmation on my taxi pick-up and I checked my flights last night and so far everything is still good to go. So, tomorrow is the last day for packing and goodbyes. Then, I'm off.....

No comments: