Friday, June 6, 2008

3

<----- Like the new pic? First let me say that I normally HATE taking pictures. I will almost certainly close my eyes (it is like a reflex -- somehow I feel safer with my eyes closed). But, now that I have a webcam built into my laptop and I know that no one is on the other side of that camera focusing all their attention on my face, taking pictures is different. I actually had fun playing around with the camera and posing today.

What else did I do today? Well, I thought I needed to add a little more stress and worry to my life before I left on this peace-seeking journey, so I went and turned in my resume for a Spanish teaching position at Stanley Clark. Now, the only reason they would hire me is if they are desperate, because they are keenly aware that I lack fluency in Spanish and my vocabulary isn't that strong. But, they did seem a little desperate and they seemed willing to work with me (like pay for classes to improve my Spanish).

So, if they offer the job to me, then I have a choice to make. Do I take pay-cut for a less stressful job that sounds like fun to me (and offers some money towards my masters)? Or, do I stick with my commitment to Muessel (where I am supposed to be team leader next year), keep the better pay, and learn to deal with the stress? I mean -- that is what this whole trip to India is supposed to be about, right?

**Sigh**

I did some last minute shopping for my trip. Just little travel sized things. I also withdrew my money today. I have my traveler's checks and some cash to take with me. All I have to do now, is just finish packing, confirm my flight and taxi, and I'm ready to go!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you might have a decision to make when you come back. stanly clark is only a few blocks from our house. happy packing.

GloJoMo said...

Is it Stanly or Stanley? If they offer me the job, I guess I better figure that out!

Kurran said...

Follow your gut, GloMo. It will never lead you astray! I know you have said "yes" to team leader, but someone will step up and take it, if needed. Live your life for YOU. :) (I know I need to work on that myself!!)

If the Stanley Clark job is offered and it feels right, grab it. If not, walk away. Nothing to lose.

Anonymous said...

glo....i hope that you figure things out in India, but try not to think about it too much. Just let things happen. If you don't get things figured out over there, it's not a big deal. There are places here that you can get away and clear you mind.

GloJoMo said...

Thanks anonymous! You're very right. I have noticed that I am putting a lot of expectation into this trip and that always leads to disappointment. I need to take this trip for whatever it turns out to be, and not expect drastic change. Just enjoy the peace while it's there! Thank you for this very important reminder.

Kurran -- you are so right. The problem is figuring out what my gut it trying to tell me. I've never been good at listening to it. Even though it does everything i can to get my attention sometimes! :)