Tuesday, June 3, 2008

6

I'm starting to feel like Suzy Homemaker. Just two days of laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, etc. and boom the transformation is complete. Of course I'm doing these things because they need to be done, but I was doing pretty good there at putting them off for as long as possible. Now that I I actually have the time and energy I don't mind doing it. It helps to imagine that I'm getting the house ready for Jesus so he is not so overwhelmed by things when I'm gone. When really, he'll probably keep the house in better order than I do (once I'm out of the way).

So other than being a lazy bum this morning and sleeping in until 10:45 a.m. and cleaning/organizing, I haven't done much else. I've been wondering how soon in advance I should start packing. I need to get a good idea of what I'm going to actually take and how much room I have to take it all. Inevitably there will be last minute things I'm going to want to shove in like Hand Wipes or something.

Oh, I did register/enroll for my fall class at IUSB. Time to start the Masters. Blah :p I am not looking forward to going back to papers and research and homework.

3 comments:

Kurran said...

Just keep thinking, "I will get a significant raise when all of this masters stuff is over!!"

Anonymous said...

it would probably be a good idea to start the packing process. i usually pack for any vacation about 4-5 days in advance. (wow that sounds anal) but you could start laying thing out to see how much room you are going to actually have. and what you will really need.
congrats on registering for fall classes. something to look forward to when you get home... or not. :)
oh and i thought i was the only lazy bum... i slept until 11am today (i didnt have to go in until 2pm.)

GloJoMo said...

I was thinking about doing a "practice pack" just to see how it would all fit. I might do that.

When it comes to sleeping bums, I'm the biggest. I can sleep like I'm in a coma. I used to love to sleep in, but now I'm starting to dislike it. I feel all discombobulated.

Isn't that a fun word. I can't remember where I heard it first. I want to say it was a Disney movie. But it has always stuck with me. Oh, yeah, I think it is in Sword in the Stone. The crazy wizard uses it. Discombobulated. Discombobulated. Discombobulated. Just keep saying over and over. It's fun.